Friday, March 6, 2009

Nolan and the toads






Nolan woke up in the morning and said "need froggy in fish tank." I am really not sure where he comes up with these ideas, but he is constantly amazing us with his plans. I told him we could go to the fish store when Daddy got home to get a frog for the fish tank. Matt's response was "maybe Nolan would like a frog in a separate tank."
So, off we went to the pet store, and chose between a choice of 4 frogs. We ended up with fire belly toads. Nolan named them Spike and Froggy. According to him, Spike is the "dark one." Nolan looks at them at least 5 times a day, and talks about them all the time. I am very glad that he is so fascinated with them because I have to feed them crickets. This is the part I hate. But because he smiles and loves them so much, it makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Look how proud he is of his frogs - I love it! Oh man, crickets remind me of our college dorm room when you had those lizards (or was it just one?)!