Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lake in Wood




IMG_0990.JPG">




We had an awesome weekend at Lake in Wood camp site in Lancaster Pa. Despite a little rain, it couldn't have been a nicer weekend. We had campfires on both nights, which is my favorite part. I was able to use my special marshmallow stick from Dad.
The campground was beautiful, and very woodsy. Mom's site was right next to ours, but you had to walk through a small section of woods to get to her.
I didn't remember how damp camping was. Our pillows even felt wet.
Nolan was perfect the whole time. He took showers every morning, followed his normal bedtime routine, and barely even cried.
The dogs were perfect too!
Next time we just need the Mabins to come along.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

he really was a natural camper...and the dogs were so perfect.

what a great weekend.

love th pic of katie and nolan, I will have to get that for my scrapbook...oreder an extra for me or send me the link and i will order it.

Suzanne said...

ash, I love the picture of you and nolan sleeping. so precious.

Carol Brown said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Just think of the dampness as someone throwing water in your tent like the time our camper got a bucket of water tossed in it!! Nolan is just too sweet for words.