Friday, July 13, 2007

it's been a while



I am having a hard time keeping up with my posts now that I am working part time. I used to be able to easily juggle working two jobs and keeping the house in shape. Now even working for an hour is difficult. Not just because I have to pack a huge bag for Nolan, pack breast milk and a breast pump, and time feedings around working; but also because I don't want to work anymore. I love my job, just not as much as I love Nolan. Every minute of work I am thinking about him. I am not worried because he is with my family every time I leave him. I am thinking about what he is doing, what is he smilimg about, what is he talking about, what is he looking at? The great news is that the feeling is mutual. Yesterday after work I went to pick up Noln from Aimee's house. He had had a wonderful day with Aunt Krissy and Aunt Aimee and Katie and Robby. I walked right over to him (of course I had been dying to get there all day) and I said "hello baby." He looked at me and his chin started to quiver and he almost broke into a full blown cry. His face seemed to say "thank God you are here."

3 comments:

Carol Brown said...

I remember those feelings well. It will get a little easier particularly because you know he is being taken care of so well, but you never get totally used to it. You are a wonderful Mom!!

Aimee said...

i don't think i will ever forget his face. it was the most bittersweet moment i have ever witnessed.

Aimee said...

also, this is the first outfit Mom Mom gave to Robby...it makes me smile and cry at the same time.